New Delhi: Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese will be on a four-day visit to India from today. Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese will watch the fourth Test between Australia and India along with Prime Minister Modi during his four-day visit to India. Many important topics will be discussed.
First Published Mar 8, 2023, 1:15 PM IST
Australian PM Anthony Albanese: Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese will visit India for four days from March 8 to 11. This is the first visit by the Prime Minister of Australia in six years in the wake of the Economic Cooperation and Trade Agreement (ECTA) which came into force in December. According to the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), the Australian Prime Minister will be accompanied by Australian Trade and Tourism Minister Dan Farrell, Northern Australian Minister Madeleine King and other senior officials.
Ahead of his visit, Anthony Albanese tweeted on Wednesday, ‘Today I am bringing a delegation of ministers and business leaders to India. He mentioned that he is visiting Ahmedabad, Mumbai and New Delhi on the invitation of Prime Minister Modi. Also, at a time of extraordinary growth and dynamism in their region, they have got a historic opportunity to strengthen ties with India.
During his visit to India, the Prime Minister of Australia is likely to announce significant investments in the rare earth sector in Australia. On a similar note, Kabil (Khaniz Bidesh India Limited) is ready to invest significantly in the rare earth sector in Australia, a move that has been welcomed by the Australian government-Indian government, especially the business community. He said that India and Australia are keen to cooperate with each other in the field of clean energy and many steps have been taken in this regard. In February 2022, India-Australia signed a Letter of Intent (LOI) on new renewable energy, which provides for cooperation in reducing the cost of renewable energy (RE) technologies, especially ultra-low-cost solar and clean hydrogen elements. It is reported that many important issues will be discussed during the meeting with Prime Minister Modi during his visit.
Australian Prime Minister’s India Visit Schedule
- He will arrive at the Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport in Ahmedabad at 4.10 pm IST on Wednesday and visit the Sabarmati Ashram.
- Go to Raj Bhavan at 5.20 pm and participate in Holi program.
- On March 9 (Thursday), Anthony Albanese will leave for the financial capital of the country, Mumbai.
- Government sources said that the Australian Prime Minister will participate in a reception at the Rashtrapati Bhavan in Delhi on March 10, after which he will lay a wreath at the Raj Ghat and pay his respects.
- On the same day, he will meet with External Affairs Minister Jaishankar. Many important topics will be discussed.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will meet at Hyderabad House in Delhi and President Draupadi Murmu at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- The representatives of both the countries will watch the first day of the fourth Test between India and Australia as part of the Border-Gavaskar Trophy which is being held at the Narendra Modi Stadium in Motera.
Last Updated Mar 8, 2023, 1:15 PM IST