RAIPUR: Five workers died of breathing problems at a brick kiln in Mahasamund district of Chhattisgarh on Tuesday night due to heavy smoke. Another worker fell seriously ill and is being treated in hospital.
First Published Mar 15, 2023, 11:50 AM IST
Five suffocate to death at brick kiln: Five workers lost their lives due to breathing difficulties due to the smoke coming from near the brick kiln. This tragic incident took place in Chhattisgarh. The police have registered a case and are investigating the incident.
In details, five workers lost their lives in a brick kiln in Mahasamund district of Chhattisgarh on Tuesday night due to heavy smoke due to difficulty in breathing. Another worker fell seriously ill and is being treated in hospital. Officials said that the incident took place in Gadhfuljhar village.
According to the concerned authorities, during the preliminary investigation it was found that six workers had placed clay bricks in the kiln and slept there to heat the brick kilns on Tuesday night. Five of them died in the morning. Officials said that he died of suffocation due to smoke inhalation. Other workers reached the spot and tried to wake them up. However, as they did not wake up, the danger came to light. It is said that one worker who fell seriously ill has been admitted to the hospital. Officials said that the dead bodies have been shifted for postmortem and the incident is being investigated. However, more details about this tragedy are yet to be known.
Last Updated Mar 15, 2023, 11:50 AM IST