First Published Mar 2, 2023, 10:49 PM IST
Prime Minister Narendra Modi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) workers at the party headquarters in Delhi on Thursday evening after the results of assembly elections in the northeastern states of Tripura, Nagaland and Meghalaya. Congratulating the party workers for their success in Nagaland and Tripura, Prime Minister Modi said that they always put India and Indians first. He said that the election results show that there is complete faith in democracy. He said that the results of these elections are proof of the strong faith of people in democracy and democratic systems in the country.
What did PM Modi say in his speech..
1. Prime Minister Modi said that he humbly thanks the people of Tripura, Nagaland and Meghalaya. He said, “Heartfelt thanks to the people of North East India… They have blessed BJP and its allies. Moreover, I appreciate the BJP workers of these three states. It is not easy to work in North East. Good results have come. So special thanks to them.”
2. He said that this is the time to create a new history and he sees the time of peace, prosperity and development of the North East region.
3. Recently when he went to North Eastern states many people congratulated him for hitting half century.
4. “I have won the hearts of North Eastern states by visiting them often. This is a big achievement for me. I am satisfied that the people of North Eastern states are not being ignored.”
5. Many political analysts are trying to find out the reasons behind BJP’s success. Some of our well-wishers want to know the reason. The reason for that is ‘Triveni’. We will always put India and Indians first.
6. “Today whenever I watch TV I see elements of results from North Eastern states… It is not because of the narrowing of the distance between hearts but a reflection of a new ideology,” he said.
7. Prime Minister Modi said that North Eastern states are not far from Delhi.. They are not far from our hearts either.
8. There was not much discussion in other parts of the country apart from Delhi when the results came from North East region. He said that there was a discussion about the violence that happened during the elections.
9. Today’s results reveal Congress’s thinking on North-Eastern states. Congress claims that these are small states and unimportant. The Prime Minister commented that this is an insult to the people and masses of North Eastern states.
10. Prime Minister Narendra Modi said that we are committed to women’s empowerment and have worked for the empowerment of women in North Eastern states through various prestigious schemes.
Last Updated Mar 2, 2023, 10:49 PM IST