2013 June 23.. That was the date when India won the trophy for the last time in the important tournaments organized by ICC. In 2013, India won the ICC Champions Trophy by defeating England. But after that India was bound to be disappointed. Every year for about ten years, India has been reaching the semis and finals in both men’s and women’s categories, but the final step has not been taken properly. Last year, the Indian men’s team led by Rohit Sharma was defeated by England in the semi-finals, and Harmanpreet Kaur’s team, which raised hopes for the title after playing well in the tournament recently, lost to Australia in the semis, and the hearts of Indian fans broke again.
In the ICC Trophies stage, the league has failed, the Indian team, which has been playing aggressively till then, is not able to cross the semi-finals stage. Run-out, bowling failure, batsmen’s faltering.. Whatever the reason, the Indian fans have been in tears for the last ten years. The pain is unbearable.
Ten years of reign..
– After winning the Champions Trophy in 2013, the T20 World Cup was held in 2014. India – Sri Lanka in the final. Batting first, India scored 130 runs in the allotted 20 overs. Except for Kohli (77), the rest of the batsmen failed. Lanka achieved the target in 17.5 overs. In the same year, India was limited to the group stage in the Women’s T20 World Cup.
– 2015 Men’s ODI World Cup Semis. India vs Australia. Batting first, the Aussies made a huge score of 328 runs. India were bowled out for 233 runs.
– In 2016, the Indian team under the captaincy of Mithali Raj was once again disappointing in the Women’s T20 World Cup. This time too, India is limited to the group stage. In this year’s Men’s T20 World Cup, India – West Indies semis. Batting first, India made a huge score of 192 runs. But West Indies blew the target in 19.4 overs.
– In 2017, India suffered a terrible defeat in the Men’s Champions Trophy. Batting first, Pakistan scored 338 runs in 50 overs while India collapsed for 158 runs. In the same year, India reached the final of the Women’s ODI World Cup. In the final, India – England met. In that match, England scored 228 runs while India were bowled out for 219 runs. In 2018, India lost in the semis of the Women’s T20 World Cup.
– 2019 ODI World Cup. India reached the semis. Indian fans will never forget this tragedy. The Indian team lost to New Zealand in the semis. Dhoni is run out. E(a) still a haunting pain.
Finest of margins.#T20WorldCup pic.twitter.com/oU6oTIGx2j
— ICC (@ICC) February 23, 2023
– India reached the final of Women’s T20 World Cup 2020. The final battle is with the Aussies. Disappointment again.
– 2021 ICC Men’s Test Championship Final. India – New Zealand in the final. The Kiwis, who shocked India in 2019, have struck again. In the T20 World Cup held in Dubai this year, the Indian team led by Virat Kohli went home in the group stage.
– Women’s ODI World Cup in 2022. This time too, India retreated in the group stage itself. In the same year, India reached the final as part of the Commonwealth Games. But there is disappointment. Last year, Rohit Sharma’s team lost in a humiliating manner to England in the semis.
– Aussies gave another shock to India in the 2023 ICC Women’s World Cup semis, doubling this pain that has been going on for ten years.
The Indian team will play the ODI World Cup at home in October this year. And this time, will the wait of ten years of Indian fans end..?