No chemicals are used in cold pressed oil. It has a low acid value due to the absence of chemicals.
First Published Mar 8, 2023, 2:26 PM IST
From cooking to hair we use oil. Many people use oil for hands and face too. In daily life we mostly use coconut oil, sunflower oil, groundnut oil etc. Usually the nut or oilseeds are heated to extract the oil. The seeds are not heated while extracting the cold pressed oil. In this method, the oil seeds are pressed in a sieve and the oil is extracted. So no chemicals are used in cold pressed oil. It has a low acid value due to the absence of chemicals.
Let’s take a look at the benefits of using cold pressed oil…
• Cold pressed oil contains antioxidants, unsaturated fatty acids, vitamins, omega 3 fatty acids, vitamin E. All these properties solve many problems in our body.
The skin is also healthy by consuming cold-processed oil. It moisturizes the skin. As this oil contains vitamin E and antioxidants, it also cures acne.
• People with diabetes should consume cold pressed oil. Its nutrients keep blood sugar levels under control.
• Cold pressed oil is very effective in reducing inflammation. If you use this oil on any part of the body where there is pain, you can get a lot of benefit.
• Antioxidant in cold oil helps to eliminate free radicals. People with weakened immune systems can benefit from using this oil in cooking.
• Cold oil maintains heart health. Cold pressed oil, rich in omega 3 fatty acids, a polyunsaturated element, reduces the risk of vascular disease.
No chemicals are used in the preparation of cold pressed oil. When this oil is pressed at a very low temperature, the nutrients in the seed remain in the oil. So when it is used in cooking it is heated for the first time… natural taste and rich in nutrients. So this oil is very pure oil, very good for health. Compared to refined oil, cold pressed oil is much better for our health. Because refined oil is made at high temperature. In this method, the natural quality of the oilseed is lost due to the mixture of heat and chemicals.
Cold press oil is also known as castor oil. Sesame oil, coconut oil and linseed are prepared by cold press method. These oils available in the market are slightly more expensive than regular oils.
Last Updated Mar 8, 2023, 2:26 PM IST